Ab Wheel Workout – 5 Steps To Ab Wheel Mastery
|Main Goal||Ab Training|
|Days per Week||3-4|
|Time Required||15-20 minutes|
I usually do most my ab exercises hanging from the bar because I’ve found to be much more effective for me than any other type of exercise done on the ground.
Except for one.
Ab Rollouts with an ab wheel.
This exercises will completely destroy your abs if you’re not used to it. And the only calisthenics equipment you need is a simple ab wheel.
It’s a great exercise if you can’t do any hanging exercise on the bar yet or simply want to change things up a little. And if you think the regular version is hard, wait until you try the standing ab rollout.
It doesn’t matter in what fitness level you are at the moment, follow this routine and you’ll give yours abs the workout of their life.
If you can’t do an ab rollout yet, start by working on your plank and then progressing over to the one arm one leg plank.
Here’s how you can perform an ab rollout:
- Hold the Ab Wheel with both hands and kneel on the floor.
- Now place the ab wheel on the floor in front of you so that you are on all your hands and knees (as in a kneeling push up position). This will be your starting position.
- Slowly roll the ab wheel straight forward, stretching your body into a straight position. Go down as far as you can without touching the floor with your body. Breathe in during this portion of the movement.
- After a pause at the stretched position, start pulling yourself back to the starting position as you breathe out.
- Go slowly and keep your abs tight at all times.